Sutterton roundabout works come to an end
Improvements to the roundabout include lane widening to increase traffic flow; better signage and road markings; and upgraded street lights at the 'pinch point' on the A16 and A17.
The project, which started in January, came to an end on Friday 12 May.
In addition to increasing capacity at the roundabout for future developments that could create new jobs and help boost the economy, Sutterton Roundabout will also play a part in many of the proposed diversion routes for other upcoming improvements in the region.
Among the improvement and resurfacing works being undertaken across southeast Lincolnshire throughout the rest of the year are:
- Peppermint Junction, Holbeach - Spring 2017 (May) - Winter 2018 (Feb)
- London Road, Boston - Spring/Summer 2017
- Grimsthorpe Castle, Bourne - Early Summer 2017
- Chain Bridge, near Boston - Early Summer 2017
- A151 Twenty, Bourne - Summer 2017 (school summer holidays)
- A151 Winsover Road, Spalding - Summer/Autumn 2017
- Fleet Hargate, near Holbeach - Autumn/Winter 2017
Additional works, with timeframes still to be scheduled, are:
• A15 South of Bourne
• Horsegate Market Deeping
• A15/A16 Market Deeping Roundabout South
• A15/A16 Market Deeping Roundabout North
• A15 Langtoft Crossroads, near Market Deeping
• A52 Swaton Crossroads, near Sleaford
The council thanks those that were affected by the works at Sutterton Roundabout and apologises for any inconvenience caused during planned improvements across southeast Lincolnshire.
For up-to-date information about these and other roadworks, visit www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/roadworks