Fire safety events to target business sectors
Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue are to host a number of fire safety events aimed at improving awareness of owners and managers of commercial and business premises on being held here in Boston.
These sessions should be of particular interest to persons responsible for care homes, hotels and guest houses, licensed premises, places of assembly and entertainment, shops and offices.
Organiser and deputy Divisional Commander for Prevention, Protection and Operational Risk at Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue said: "We consider it vital that we raise awareness of fire safety within a business setting. We are hoping to reach as many businesses as possible through these sessions. We can only get to a certain amount of premises each year for inspection purposes so these seminars help us reach more businesses and promote fire safety to more people."
The sessions are designed to provide information on:
· The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
· Your legal responsibilities as an employer or manager
· Fire Risk Assessments
· An outline as to benchmark standards and fire safety provisions within various property types
· Requirements in terms of routine testing and maintenance of fire related equipment, alarms, etc
· Staff training, Fire Drills and Emergency Procedures
· LFR's inspection and enforcement procedures
· Open forum for questions
The Boston event is to take place at Boston Fire Station on Tuesday, September 11. Others are available at Louth, Skegness, Lincoln South and at Grantham Fire Stations.
Confirmation of attendance is required. Morning sessions at the same venues may be added if demand requires.
If you wish to attend please e-mail email@example.com with your name, business name/type, your preferred session and a contact e-mail or phone number.