Change4Life (Healthier Lifestyles)
Change4Life is a national initiative which encourages people to eat well, move more, and live longer.
Local opportunities are provided in support of this initiative including health walks and cookery.
The Department of Health in England supports Change4Life which aims to help encourage healthier eating and more active lifestyles. This national initiative has been launched to tackle the growing problem of childhood and adult obesity, caused by poor diet and lack of physical activity. There is a particular focus on encouraging families to adopt healthier lifestyles.
Locally we are supporting this initiative with our own local programmes:-
- Walk4Life (healthy walks)
- Cook4Life (practical cookery and tips on healthy eating)
- Dance4Life (Community Showcase dance stage showcasing different styles of dance)
- Grow2Eat (encouraging the growing and harvesting of fruit, vegetables and herbs)
- Fit Kids (12 week weight management programme for children aged 8 - 11 and their families)
- Boston Exercise Referral Scheme (supporting individuals with medical conditions to make regular physical activity part of their lifestyle)
- Outdoor free gym initiative (access to free outdoor fitness stations and trim trails).
Contact the Change4Life team on 0300 123 4567; Offices are open from 9am to 8pm every day.
|[253kb]||Boston Change for Life Support Programme Leaflet||Boston Change for Life Support Programme Leaflet|
|[382kb]||Thinking About Your Health||Thinking About Your Health|
The documents in this section are in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). You will need Acrobat Reader to view these files which can be downloaded from the Adobe website free of charge.