Car boot sale permit
Information on car boot sale permit requirements and link to application form
A permit is required to hold a car boot sale within 6 2/3 miles of Boston town centre.
We will consider granting permission for car boot sales under the following conditions.
- Any space letting fee goes wholly to charity or other recognised voluntary organisations
- Sales can only be from cars and if stalls or tables are used they must have been carried in the boot of that car to the sale
- No more than four car boot sales shall be held at a particular site in any one year
- Only private individuals shall be permitted to sell surplus household articles. No commercial traders will be allowed; and
- No car boot sales shall be held on a Wednesday or Saturday within 62/3 miles of Boston town centre.
- The object of this system is to preserve the rights of the council under their Market Charter and to stop the growing practice of professional stall holders attending car boot sales and setting up what can be in effect a market
- Sales will be monitored to ensure that the conditions are being complied with. Contravention of the conditions may result in any future application being jeopardised
- Please note that condition two prohibits the use of vehicles other than cars (for example, vans, trailers, transit vans, caravans and buses).
- If the car boot sales are held on Sundays then legislation with regard to Sunday Trading must be observed.
A copy of the application form for permission to hold a car boot sale can be downloaded from this website or is available from the council offices.
Application for a permit to hold a car boot sale can be made by returning a completed application form to the contact details on the left..
There is no fee charged for a permission to hold a car boot sale.
For any enquiries please contact us using the details on the left. A member of the team will normally be available at the Municipal Buildings on weekdays 9am - noon and 2pm - 5pm (4.30pm on Fridays). We may be available at other times by prior appointment
|[111kb]||Car Boot Application Form||Application form|
The documents in this section are in Adobe Acrobat format (pdf). You will need Acrobat Reader to view these files which can be downloaded from the Adobe website free of charge.