Changes to permitted development rights
New rules governing house extensions and commercial changes of use coming into effect on 30th May 2013.
With effect from 30th May 2013, changes to permitted development rights in relation to the above, will come into effect.
In brief, the key changes include allowing the following without the need for planning permission;
- Larger single storey rear extensions to residential properties
- Larger extensions to industrial and warehousing premises, shops and offices
- Conversions between office and residential uses
- More flexible uses of shops, offices, residential institutions and agricultural buildings
- Easier conversion of premises for school uses
- Telecommunication installations in conservation areas
Please note: If you want to carry out one of the above you will still need to notify us of what you want to do using the relevant Prior Approval process.
Guidance and templates will shortly be available on the Planning pages of the website. However, if you require any information in the mean time please contact us on; 01205 314305 or email; email@example.com.
Useful information in relation to these changes is also available at; www.planningportal.gov.uk