School meals issues resolved
Joint statement from: Cllr Stephen Woodliffe, Boston Borough Council's portfolio holder Environmental Health; Cllr Richard Wright, North Kesteven District Council's Executive Board Member with responsibility for Environmental Services; and Ideal Catering Group (which has taken over the former operations of Food 4 Thought Ltd)
Approval has today (Wednesday, Nov 19) been granted by both Boston Borough Council and North Kesteven District Council to Ideal Catering Group to resume its full school meals service from their premises in Boston and Sleaford from tomorrow (Thursday).
The company has done everything the authorities have asked of it to ensure the ongoing, successful delivery of its school meals service to customers.
At all times children's health and wellbeing has been at the forefront.
As previously stated the quality of the food has never been in question and Ideal Catering Group has ensured that at no point during this period have children gone without food.
Ideal Catering Group company director Caroline Clark said: "We are grateful of the opportunity to resolve all outstanding matters and resume our full service providing children with their lunches."
Cllrs Woodliffe and Wright said: "We appreciate the positive action taken by the company to resolve this matter as quickly as possible."
Environmental Health Officers from both authorities will be proactively contacting all schools affected to reassure them of the current position.