Swim admission policy
Information about GMLC's swim admission policy
Maximum of 2 non-swimmers to 1 adult
Children under 8 years of age
Children under 8 years of age must be accompanied by a supervising adult
A supervising adult:
- Must be aged 16 years and over
- Must accompany the child at all times
- Must maintain close contact and a constant supervision of child
Children aged 8 to 15 years old
Any child aged 8 to 15 years old that is unable to swim 50 metres to Swim England standard will need to attend with an accompanying adult.
If you are unsure if the child is able to swim the requirement or a Lifeguard thinks it is required, they will be tested by a qualified swim teacher. If unable to complete the 50 metre swim, the child will not be able to stay in the pool without an accompanying adult.
It is at the discretion of the Duty Officer or Team Leader on duty if a refund is issued.
- Must be appropriate and suitable for a family environment
- No underwear, thongs or anything deemed inappropriate
- No outdoor clothing, sportswear