Become a Community Champion
Information and guidance about becoming a Community Champion
Community Champion - Can You Help By Becoming a Community Champion?
We are looking for volunteers who take an interest in the health and wellbeing of others to become Community Champions to help NHS and Boston Borough Council to primarily to increase uptake of Covid-19 vaccination and booster vaccinations but also for wider health messages. We need to help reach everyone in our community and communicate the facts and importance of getting the Covid-19 vaccine and booster vaccine.
What Does a Community Champion Do?
- Community Champions share up-to-date and trusted information with people.
- Post to date information about the vaccine and wider health messages on social media
- Share information from NHS and Local Authority
- Help produce videos sharing messages
- Share information in local magazines or newsletter and put up information on community notice boards.
- Champions let us know what is and isn't working
Who Should Sign Up?
Champions can be anyone in the community. We are asking for applications from adults over 18. Although many local people have had their vaccine, data is telling us there are still a number of people who have not had 1st, 2nd or booster jabs.
How Will Community Champions Be Supported?
Community Champions will be awarded a £20 Love2Shop voucher on completion of training and tasks as agreed in recognition of their voluntary work.
Community Champions will be asked to attend at least one introduction session. They will also have access to other training sessions if they wish to attend.
What To Do Next?
Applications to become a Community Champion can be made by completing the online form in the Links section.
If you require the form in printed format telephone Nichola Holderness Empowering Healthy Communities Coordinator on 01205 314269.
If you have, any further questions please email Nichola Holderness.