Flooding FAQ's and key messages
All list of most frequently asked questions and key messages regarding the recent floodings:
What are we to do with all rubbish/debris caused from the flooding?
Skips are being located in key areas of flooding and the street cleaning crews are out helping
Are we expecting more floods?
Please sign up to flood direct on 0845 988 1188 where you will get any early alerts
My house is flooded and I need somewhere to stay?
Please contact Boston Borough Council on 01205 314200
I want to volunteer? Who do I contact?
Please contact the British Red Cross on 0845 054 7171
- Boston Borough Council is working with the emergency services in response to this incident.
- The Council is actively supporting vulnerable people with housing, advice and guidance; and the clean up operation has already begun. It will take time.
- People should listen to BBC Lincolnshire for the latest advice and guidance.
- If anyone is concerned about a relative or someone who went to evacuation centre call 01522 782189.
- We urge people to sign up to Floodline on 0845 988 1188
- Anglian Water has confirmed the water supply in Boston is ok to use.
- If you were flooded and are returning home and have concerns over the gas/electrics please contact your supplier or seek expert advice.