Toggle menu


We are now on the winter break of the garden waste season for 2023/24, collections will start again from w/c 19 February 2024

Support paying your Council Tax

To give us the best chance of helping you, contact us as soon as you think you are going to have a problem paying your bill.

Before you contact us, please ensure you:

  • Check if you qualify for a discount, exemption or Council Tax Support
  • Review your finances - check your incoming money and outgoing payments
  • Consider how we can help you resolve the problem - we offer weekly, fortnightly, monthly and four weekly payment options

There are a number of ways you can pay your Council Tax.

If we do not know you are having problems, we will continue with enforcement action and you could end up having to pay a lot more. To discuss a payment arrangement, call us on 01205 314353.  

Independent Money and Debt Advice

While we are doing all we can to help our residents, we recognise there may be other debts that you also need help and advice with.  If you are worried about debts or have missed payments, there is free and independent debt advice available.

  • Citizens Advice gives free, impartial advice helping to resolve legal, money and other problems
  • Step Change offer free, confidential, regulated debt advice 
  • MoneyHelper offer free, regulated money advice and can help explain what you need to do and how you can do it. Free, confidential, regulated debt advice is available via self-referral

If you are struggling financially, emotionally or you need practical advice and help, visit our Cost of Living Support page.

To find out what financial help is available and what you are entitled to, information is available on the Government's Cost of Living Support website.