Household Support Fund (HSF)
The Government has announced that a further Household Support Fund grant will be made available to county councils and unitary authorities in England to support those most in need.
In February, the government announced that Lincolnshire would be awarded a further £10,929,370 Household Support Fund for support until 31 March 2024
Having reviewed the guidance provided by the government on how this funding can be used, Lincolnshire County Council has worked in partnership with District Councils to identify and agree the most appropriate methods for it to be distributed.
The government has asked local authorities to prioritise supporting households with energy costs, food, essentials linked to energy and water and wider essentials.
- 43% of the funding will be available to schools and early years providers to support for children eligible for benefit-related free school meals, early years pupil premium and families with a 2-year-old eligible for early years entitlement.
- 44% will be delivered by Lincolnshire's District Councils to provide financial support to housing benefit only claimants not in receipt of 'cost of living support payments' provided via the national scheme.
- 1% of the grant funding will be used to provide financial support to eligible care leavers in supported living accommodation.
- The remaining grant funding will be directed towards other vulnerable households via local schemes.
- District councils and other third sector/voluntary organisations will work together to distribute through local channels in line with the grant conditions.
Further details will be published here once agreed.
We appreciate that not all households will be eligible for support. However, the government have put a number of arrangements in place, and this is just one.
Residents facing financial difficulties can also find details of the other support available here.
In addition, there is a Holiday Food and Activity programme for children eligible for benefits-related free school meals.
If you are finding it difficult to manage at this difficult time, please remember Citizens Advice Mid Lincsoffer free, confidential and impartial advice to everyone to find a way forward whatever problem they may face. So please call their freephone advice line on 0808 278 7942