Local authorities must publish details of all land and building assets.
- All service and office properties occupied or controlled by user bodies, both freehold and leasehold.
- Any properties occupied or run under Private Finance Initiative contracts.
- All other properties they own or use, for example, hostels, laboratories, investment properties and depots.
- Garages unless rented as part of a housing tenancy agreement.
- Surplus, sublet or vacant properties.
- Undeveloped land.
- Serviced or temporary offices where contractual or actual occupation exceeds three months.
- All future commitments, for example under an agreement for lease, from when the contractual commitment is made.
This information is published in our Property Asset Register.