Toggle menu

Information Requests

How to request information under the Freedom of Information Act, Environmental Information Regulations and INSPIRE Regulations for spatial data.

You can make an information request via email to the FOI team or in writing to the Municipal Buildings, West Street, Boston, PE21 8QR.

The Information Commissioner's Office provides guidance on how to access information from a public body which can be found in the links section.

FOI fees and charges

Wherever possible, we will provide information free of charge. However, in some cases this is not possible.

The Council is entitled to charge for information under Section 9 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and also the Freedom of Information and Data Protection (Appropriate Limit and Fees) Regulations 2004. The Council will issue a Fees Notice which must be paid within three months. If no payment is received, we will close the request for information.

Subject Access requests (information about you) 

If you would like to access the personal information we hold about you, you can make a Subject Access Request.  This can be done by email, telephone or by letter. 

There is no charge for information unless it is excessive or unfounded. All requests will be dealt with within the statutory timeframe of one month, unless it is complex in which case we will contact you with an estimate of when the information will be provided.

Before we can proceed with a request for personal information we must be satisfied of your identity and will ask you to provide photo and address documentation in order to ensure we give you the correct information. The time limit for responding to the request will not start until we have received these documents. Please be aware that you are only entitled to your own personal information and not that of anyone else even if they are a relative or partner.

Data we don't hold

If your FOI request relates to one of the following services (not an exhaustive list), you'll need to visit the Lincolnshire County Council website:

  • Schools and education
  • Children's services
  • Highways, road and transport
  • Social Services
  • Libraries
  • Adoption and fostering

There are also links to published information in the useful pages section.

Share this page

Facebook icon Twitter icon email icon


print icon