General Privacy Notice
What personal information do you collect and how do you collect it?
We collect personal information about you in many ways. In most cases, we will collect it directly from you. That may be in person, by telephone, on a paper or online form, by email or letter, or on CCTV. There will be cases when we receive information about you from someone else, or from one of our partners.
We collect different categories of personal information, depending on the service we provide to you. In most cases, we will need your name and contact details. Our service-specific privacy notices give further detail on what kind of information is collected about you.
When we collect information from you, we will ensure we comply with the data protection principles:
- We will only collect information that we need.
- We won't keep your information for longer than we need it.
- We will tell you why we need your information and what we will do with it.
- We will keep your personal information secure.
- We will keep your information up-to-date.
- We will not use the information for a different purpose than the one we told you about (unless we have to do so by law).