General Privacy Notice
Why do you process information about me?
We need to process personal information about you to enable us provide services and meet our legal obligations, such as collecting Council Tax, paying benefits and grants, and dealing with planning and licensing applications.
It will sometimes be necessary to process personal information to protect individuals from harm or injury, to prevent and detect crime, to comply with legal orders and duties, and to provide information in accordance with a person's rights.
We may need to keep your personal information within the Council's records for evidential and historical reasons, or use it for research and statistical purposes.
We will only process your personal information when there is a lawful reason to do so:
- It is required by law.
- It is necessary to provide a Council service.
- It is necessary as part of a contract.
- It is necessary to protect someone's life.
- We have a legitimate interest to do so.
- You have given us permission to do so.